General IRB Resources
Welcome to the Rocky Mountain Tribal Institutional Review Board’s directory of resources. In the links below, you will find useful and important information relating to concepts which guide the IRB, IRB protocols, and more. If you have any questions, please visit this page for the RMTIRB Coordinator’s contact information.
IRB EasyEd Documents
- Assessing Scientific Validity
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Don’t Forget the Consent Process!
- IRB Approval of Research with Conditions
- Do sensitive research questions cause emotional distress and harm?
- Enhancing Relationships Between the IRB and Researchers
- What reading levels should consent forms be written at?
- Making Exempt Determinations
- Reviewing and Consideration of Results of Investigator Audits
- Voting at IRB Meetings
- Subpart B Determinations – Making Decisions about Pregnant Women in Research
- Reviewing Research Involving Participants with Diminished Capacity to Consent
- Minor versus Substantive Amendments
- Reviewing Advertisements
- Controverted Issues
- Definition of Human Subject Research
Materials from the Tribal IRB Workshop in February 2016