All Nation Youth Partner for Success (ANYPS)
Learn More About ANYPS:
All Nations Youth Partnerships for Success (ANYPS) is a Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administrative (SAMHSA) funded grant no. 1H79SP081276-01 awarded to the Rocky Mountain Tribal Leaders Council (RMTLC).
- ANYPS’s primary goal is to reduce underage drinking and marijuana use among Native American youth (ages 9 – 20) by increasing access to cultural activities and ceremonies.
- ANYPS will also be working on increasing community awareness and infrastructure to assist in reducing substance use in youth.
- ANYPS is working to expand the services provided to all nations served under the Rocky Mountain Tribal Leaders Council (RMTLC) and the urban areas.
- ANYPS is working on forming a community committee to meet once every quarter to guide the development, implementation and evaluation of cultural activities and Tribal Best Practices (TBP) for the remainder of the grant.
RMTLC ANYPS Program Goals
- Increase youth access to cultural activities and ceremonies that will reduce high risk behaviors that contribute to underage drinking and marijuana use.
- Increase community awareness and infrastructure to reduce substance use in youth through culturally specific messaging, coalition meetings, trainings, presentations, and historical runs that address attitudes and beliefs that may lead to substance use.
Long Term Goals:
Youth from the ANYPS program will have participated in various cultural activities, which may include sweat lodge ceremonies, art and crafts, sewing ribbon skirts and gourd dancing outfits, learning outdoor skills, cultural camps, and language preservation.
Youth’s cultural connectedness will increase by one overall point as measured by the Cultural Connectedness Short Scale (CCSS).
- Tumbleweed Runaway Program
- Rocky Mountain College
- Montana State University – Billings
- All American Indian Shootout
- Yellowstone Boys & Girls Ranch
- Pryor School District Indian Club
- Wyola Public School
- Lodge Grass Public Schools
- Crow Agency Public School
- Others coming on board!
All Nations Youth Partnerships for Success (ANYPS) is a five year Strategic Planning Framework (SPF) project funded through Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) grant awarded to the Rocky Mountain Tribal Leaders Council (RMTLC) to address substance abuse in youth (age 9 -20).