Save the Date!
On August 28-30, 2018 at the Big Horn Resort located in Billings MT, join the movement to improving community wellness through food sovereignty. As we all have a role in our food system, all are invited to participate in this two and half-day summit of learning and collaboration. Registration is open:https://roots18.eventbrite.com/ Follow link and use the JulyDiscount code to save 25% on registration fees. Discount expires July 31st.
- History of Native Food Systems and Why Food Sovereignty is Important to Us
- Reclaiming Traditional Tobacco
- Making the System Work for You: Tribal, State, and Federal Food Policy and Regulations
- Economic Development: Healthy Foods Financing & Tribal Trade Programs
- Celebrating the Local Grassroots Movement: Local Coalitions
- Food as Medicine: A Holistic Approach to Treating Trauma & Addiction through Herbal Medicine & Herbs
- History of Water Rights and Practices
- Buffalo Restoration Panel
- Networking and Cultural Event
Scholarship questions, contact the Good Health & Wellness in Indian Country (GHWIC) Office – Katie Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sonya Big Leggins at email@example.com PH: (406) 252-2550.
Last modified: August 1, 2018