The Bureau of Indian Affairs Office of Justice Services’ Tribal Justice Support Directorate has received a one-time appropriation of $10 million for assessing needs, considering options and desgining, developing, and piloting tribal court systems for tribal communities, including those subject to P.L. 280. In order to asses the needs of tribal courts in mandatory P.L. 280 states, the BIA is asking for input from tribal leaders to design a funding plan for this appropriation.
BIA will be hosting an input session via phone:
- Tuesday April 26, 2016; 1:30-3:30pm MST
- Call-in Number: 800-593-8961
- Participant Passcode: 1305482
You can also submit your comments in writing – your comments are due by midnight on April 29, 2016.
- via email to email@example.com
- via mail to Ms. Tricia Tingle, Associate Director, Tribal Justice Support Directorate, Office of Justice Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, 1849 C Street, NW, Mail Stop 2603, Washington DC 20240
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Tricia Tingle at (202) 208-2675.
Click here to see the full Dear Tribal Leader letter.
Last modified: June 8, 2016