|Department of Energy (DOE) seeks applicants for Tribal Energy Loan Guarantee Program (TELGP)
The TELGP authorizes $2 billion for partial loan guarantees on energy development projects that benefit federally recognized tribal nations (up to 90 percent of the total principal and interest on the loan guaranteed). TELGP is designed to encourage private lending and increase the availability of commercial debt financing in tribal energy markets. The TELGP solicitation document provides guidance on the application process.
Part I Applications: Begin March 13, 2019 and subsequent application rounds follow every other month until November 1, 2019.
Part II Applications: Begin April 17, 2019 and subsequent application rounds follow every other month until November 30, 2019. (See below)
Click here for entire list of deadlines
Application Fees: The total fee is $35,000 ($10,000 for Part I; $25,000 for Part II).
Examples of Eligible Projects (including but not limited to):
· Electricity generation, transmission and/or distribution facilities, using renewable or conventional energy sources
· Energy storage facilities, whether or not integrated with any of the above
· Energy resource extraction, refining or processing facilities
· Energy transportation facilities, including pipelines
· District heating and cooling facilities
· Co-generation facilities
· Distributed energy project portfolios, including portfolios of smaller distributed generation and storage facilities employed pursuant to a unified business plan
For more information, visit the DOE website here.
NCAI Contact Info: Darren Modzelewski, Policy Counsel, firstname.lastname@example.org