- RMTLC has hired Chibuzor Abasilim as the Injury Epidemiologist for Injury Prevention grant.
- Currently, he is in the process of developing a leading causes report for injury morbidity and mortality.
- Will provide TA (design database, data collection and analysis) to all Tribes in Montana and Wyoming.
- Contact: Chibuzor Abasilim, Injury Epidemiologist
- Matter of Balance Elderly Fall Prevention:
We have reached out to the Injury Prevention points of contact at each of the Matter of Balance (MoB) sites and have sent them resources that will help with Coach recruitment. For participation in the MoB program, each site needs at least (minimum) two individuals to volunteer as Coaches to conduct the MoB program in their community. The training session for Coaches will be provided by the Master Trainers and will take place over two days (four to six hours each day).
- In April 2019, we trained six volunteers in Crow Agency to become MoB Coaches, who plan to implement the program late spring/early summer.
- We are hoping to combine some of the MoB sites up on the High Line into one Coach training session in the Spring or Summer of 2019.
- Contact: Kaylee Vandjelovic, PH Specialist
Last modified: July 24, 2019