House Interior Appropriations Subcommittee Announces Public Witness Hearing Days
March 6 & 7, 2019
Requests due to Committee by February 11, 2019
February 6, 2019
The House Appropriations Subcommittee on the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies has announced its public witness hearing dates on March 6 & 7, 2019. These hearings are an annual opportunity to provide testimony regarding funding levels for the Indian Health Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, and other programs.
American Indian and Alaska Native Public Witness Hearings
For instructions on how to submit a request to testify in person or submit written testimony to the Subcommittee, click here. The deadline to submit requests to testify at the March 6 and 7 hearings for Tribal programs is Monday, February 11, 2019.
If you would like to submit a request to testify, please send an email with the subject line: “Request to Testify – Tribal programs” to: IN.Approp@mail.house.gov.
The email must include all of the following information:
- Who will be testifying, with title and institutional affiliation if applicable
- The primary focus of the oral testimony based on the specified categories identified by the subcommittee. Categories are broken down as follows:
- Tribal government and human services
- Health care
- Land, trust, and natural resources, including climate change
- Public safety and justice
- A one sentence description of the subject of the testimony
- Contact information.
All requests must be received by by the Subcommittee by 5 p.m. Eastern Time February 11, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact NIHB’s Director of Congressional Relations, Caitrin Shuy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: February 12, 2019