Position Title: Epidemiologist II
Supervisor: RMTEC Director
Department: Rocky Mountain Tribal Leaders Council (RMTLC), Epidemiology Center
Classification: Regular Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Salary Range: Negotiable (DOE)
Location: Billings, Montana
Opening Date: 06/02/2021
Closing date: 07/05/2021
Starting Date: Immediately
Grant Period: 5 Year grant
How to apply: Applicants need to send three (3) documents: 1. Cover letter, 2. Resume, and 3. RMTLC job application and submit to:
Email: email@example.com (preferred)
Or Mail To: RMTLC
Attn: Human Resources
2929 3rd Avenue North, Suite 300
Billings, Montana 59101
Any applications without the requested documentation will not be considered.
For application form and job description, please visit: https://www.rmtlc.org/about-us/work-with-us/ This position is subject to background screening. Please contact us if you have any questions at 406- 252-2550.
Under the direction of Rocky Mountain Tribal Epidemiology Center (RMTEC) Director, Epidemiologist II, is responsible for developing Chronic Disease Report, Community Health Profile (CHP), Track all data / Technical Assistance (TA) requests, leads a Data Management Team, organize training/ meeting, and provide TA to Tribal Health Departments in Montana and Wyoming. The position salary will be based upon experience and education. The Epidemiologist II will report to RMTEC Director.
- Responsible for analyzing and developing chronic disease report and CHP.
- Assist epidemiologists in data collection, entry, cleaning, and data reporting.
- Track all Data/ TA requests received by the RMTEC.
- Lead a Data Management Team.
- Assist with training on statistical package to Tribal Health Personnel.
- Assist with organizing meetings and conference calls for RMTEC projects.
- Assist RMTEC in media publications.
- Writes minutes and draft RMTEC programmatic letters, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of Professional Microsoft Office.
- Travel to Montana and Wyoming reservations and various out of state meetings/conferences is required.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Additional Functions:
- Demonstrate experience with advanced commands in SAS for data management and analysis.
- Demonstrate experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Power Point. Must be willing to learn other software as needed.
- Work in a cooperative and professional manner with all RMTLC / RMTEC staff.
- Sensitivity to others and ability to work respectively and cooperatively with the organization’s partners.
- Excellent communication skills in writing, telephone, webinar, and face-to-face meetings.
- Other functions as assigned by RMTEC Director.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree or preferred master’s degree in public health or Statistics or Equivalent and 2 – 3 years’ experience working in public health.
- Communicate effectively.
- Organized and able to carry out all responsibilities of the position with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Demonstrate discretion, tact, knowledge, judgment, and overall ability in working effectively with federal, tribal, and other professionals and facilitating participation and partnership in the activities of the program.
- Sensitive to cross-cultural differences, and able to work effectively within their context.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Experience working with Tribes preferred.
- Design and implement training.
- Work with minimal supervision in a team-based atmosphere.
- American Indian preferred.
- Veteran’s preference will be considered.
- Valid driver’s license.
Job Classification: Regular status, non-exempt, full FTE position with a six-month probationary period.
Upon hiring, applicant must read, sign, and comply with the Rocky Mountain Tribal Leaders Council (RMTLC) Policy and Procedures.
Working Environmental Factors:
- Performs duties in a controlled, tobacco/drug free office environment.
- Employment period based on performance as well as duration of grants funding this position and successful application of new grants.
Statement of safe work practices:
As an employee of RMTLC, you will be required to com- ply with all RMTLC’s safety standards, RMTLC’s policies and procedures, and all other applicable Federal, State, or Local safety laws and regulations as a condition of employment. This is a condition of employment to promote a safe working environment for all employees, contractors, and tribes. This will be accomplished through observation and enforcement of safe work practices, which include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping yourself informed of conditions affecting your health and
- Participating in training programs, as required and as they become available to
- Adhering to healthy and safe practices in the
- Promptly reporting potential hazard(s) in the
- Promptly reporting any injuries or accidents to your
- Properly using RMTLC’s property/equipment and protecting it from damage or
- Respecting other RMTLC employees, contractors, and tribal employee rights to a safe environment.
All employment with Rocky Mountain Tribal Leaders Council is At-Will Employment. While we strive to provide fulltime employment to all our employees who desire, we make no guarantees, ex- pressed or implied, to provide and guarantee number of hours of employment in a given week.
Changing conditions in Federal and private grants make it impossible to predict the demand for our services and as a result, all our offers of employment are offers of At-Will Employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE):
Within the scope of Indian preference, American Indians are encouraged to apply; however, all candidates will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, or other non-merit factors.
Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA):
RMTLC, abides by the mandates of the ADEA (protecting individuals 40 years and older) and con- siders age a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
RMTLC abides by the mandates of the ADA and considers disability a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations. Furthermore, RMTLC will make any practical, feasible, and reasonable arrangements to accommodate qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: June 2, 2021