Question. Persuade. Refer. (QPR) Training
QPR is an innovative, practical and proven suicide prevention training. This quality education empowers all people, regardless of their background, to make a positive difference in the life of someone they know.
Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help.
The self-guided online course takes approximately 1 hour to complete. To reinforce training, all self-paced learners receive an electronic version of the QPR booklet and a printable wallet card. The license remains active for 3 years.
The key components covered in training:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal.
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide.
- The common causes of suicidal behavior.
- The warning signs of suicide.
- How to get help for someone in crisis.